It's been 12 years now since I went on my first adventure. And I mean, it was radical. I got on a plane to Costa Rica, not knowing a word of Spanish, not having any plans, and not knowing anyone in the country.
It was a radical shift from my environment, which allowed me to break-through to a new way of life, and a new perception of possibility. My adventure gave me freedom, taught me a new language, and helped me see the world from a new lens. Adventures help you live in the moment, and is the perfect spark to shift your life to a new, and profound path.
If you have been living your life feeling like you are ready to break-through your habits, conditions, or just feeling like—there is something out there for you to do, then, my challenge to you is to take some time and figure out what that adventure is going to be.
You may not do something as radical as getting on a plane to a foreign country without knowing a word of the land, but it may be something like drinking a green smoothie every morning for the next week and ride the adventure of feeling a new degree of vitality. The moment you do something that is outside of your comfort zone, and something that is adventurous to you—you open up to a new possibility of life's offerings.
Healthy living, means living at your peak potential. If you feel like you are falling short of your potential in any way, I recommend taking on an adventure to drive your break-through towards a new way of living.
The Adventure Plan:
1. Brainstorm about 20 things you would love to do(These are your adventures. Remember an Adventure is really about being fully alive, in the moment and doing something that sparks excitement.)
2. Place a *star* beside your top 3 adventures.
3. Place a star beside the adventure you can actually start This Week.
4. Set a plan of action for starting an adventure today(it may only be the first step, such as researching or planning your adventure.)
5. For your other top 3 adventures, start crafting your plan of how you can implement them within the next 6 months.
6. Make sure you take action so that your adventures can be a Live Experience, and not just a daydream.