Everyday we’re left with choices:
- Will you start your day pressing snooze or sit up and meditate?
- Will you get a doughnut or make a smoothie before leaving the house?
- Will you approach your work with a scattered mind as you multi-task or will you close off all distractions and fully focus on one project ?
Life and work is full of choices. Some days we make better choices and some days we don’t.
In the end we hope to make better choices on the little things—because it will make it easier when you’re faced with the big things..
Some days you’ll be faced with Bigger Choices:
- You’re asked to take a pay-cut or quit
- You’ve given your notice, but your boss wants you to stay and offers you a raise—now you’re faced with choosing to stay for the money or follow the calling that made you want to quit in the first place…
- A colleague asks if you’d be willing to give up one of your seminars/clients/classes to them
- A friend asks you to teach one of their classes when you’re already feeling overbooked
- You’re faced choosing between going to your son’s baseball game or daughter’s gymnastics practice…I couldn’t imagine how you’d negotiate that choice—but life is full of tough choices, some of them seem impossible, even unfair to make.
So how do you deal with the bigger choices?
What I’ve found is this: [click to continue…]