Tova Payne is a writer, teacher, and consultant. She works worldwide with creative businesses and individuals teaching meditation, mindfulness-based yoga, wellness, and via personalized consulting. She helps people de-stress, find clarity, and take action on their dreams.
The Unofficial Lowdown:
Hi, I’m Tova.
I wish I could hear you saying “Hi” back, because conversations are more fun than one-way dialogues, but for now, here’s my side:
What I Value:
Nature, intuition, integrity, discovery, creativity and vitality
And to me: Creative Entrepreneurship is all these things
What I believe:
I believe mindfulness is the key to innovation, clarity, and finding fulfilment in our work and life.
I believe our intuition is our best advisor and that we can all access it.
I believe our creative projects have the power to set us free–when we work on the projects that matter to us, we experience deep freedom. And to me, that freedom is just as liberating as gallivanting across Central America (which I’ve done several times)
What I do:
I create art. My art is via the channel of writing. I’ve been writing my whole life: I won poetry contests in Junior High, still write poetry that nobody sees, and have been published on major platforms such as The Huffington Post, Collective Evolution, Mind Body Green, Tiny Buddha and more. I’ve also published several books: most are digital, and one is available as a paperback.
I teach via live workshops/for special events, and several business & body-mind-spirit courses across Vancouver and BC.
I also lead Meditation classes, and offer 1-on-1 consulting worldwide. As an intuitive consultant I help people gain clarity, confidence, and take action on their creative, soul-fulfilling work.
Get an inside look of my advice and teachings by signing up + downloading a free copy of of The 5 Keys to Start + Finish Your Dream Project + a Meditation Audio for clarity.
My Past Experience:
- I completed a B.Sc. in Psychology from McGill University
- I was convinced that there was more to the human spirit than labels and diagnostics, so I trekked off seeking through exploring various holistic modalities
- In the middle of that I wrote for Capital Style Magazine where I got to interview and write articles on fascinating people
- I moved to Belize thinking I wanted to live there forever (But I changed my mind after experiencing this truth: living somewhere is very different than travelling somewhere)
- After living in Belize and exploring Guatemala I landed in Vancouver without knowing a soul. I spent my first few weeks at a hostel before settling in and going back to school in 2005 at The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition where I received a diploma as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist in the province of British Columbia
- That was also the year I really got into Yoga. Everyday. It changed my life. I like to call it Somatic Psychology (and it seems current research agrees with me on this!) Yoga profoundly shifted my inner-state–so I embarked on a yoga training and became a Registered Yoga Teacher in 2006 and have been teaching ever since. At this point I’ve taught thousands of hours and students from every walk of life. I continue to be humbled by the magic yoga can create when we use it to connect mindfully from the inside out.
- I created the full curriculum, manual, and led Yoga Teacher Trainings from 2010-2013,
- In 2013 I made a lifelong dream come true when I published my first paperback and got it on the shelves at the McGill Bookstore (where I happened to work when I put myself through University, and where I dreamed that one day my book would be on the shelf. Im happy to say I made that dream come true.)
- Once I finished my nutrition and yoga training, I knew that I was going to walk the unconventional path. And I did. From 2006-2012 my entrepreneurial endeavours surrounded yoga and nutrition. My company at the time was Adventure Yoga: I led classes, consulted with nutrition clients, led workshops, retreats, trainings, and mentored other yoga teachers.
- I learned a lot about business along the way. I was met with equal doses of fortune and mistakes. Entrepreneurship forced me to step up over and over. I then took it upon myself to study business and started teaching Business at various holistic schools as a way to share the things I never knew when I started out. I now see Entrepreneurship as a mindset that you can take with you on any career or life path you choose.
- Through the twists and turns–I’m coming back to the centre of it all: at the heart of everything I do is connecting within, to our soul, to our spirit, to our inner core.
- I believe nature, meditation, and connecting within changes our life–creating clarity, purpose and wholeness
If you’re ready to get personalized support for yourself –I offer 1-on-1 consulting and mentoring: I’m one part teacher, one part guidance counsellor, one part intuitive coach.
At the moment I offer:
Ok, You still wanna hear more? Here’s other random facts you might want to know about me:
- I love coffee—organic, fair trade strong black coffee (and yes, I am an advocate of it’s health benefits!)
- I’ve been a fan of Bob Dylan since I was 12
- I’m a fan of Tupac’s messages of social justice
- I get a kick out of law shows and have been watching Law and Order since it first aired.
- I’m an avid traveler and explorer by nature with a deep love for Mexico + Central America. The stirrings in my soul have led me to the mountains of New Hampshire, the vibrancy of Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Belize, and across my own Country and the USA several times. I now call Vancouver home and have a deep love and gratitude for the ocean and mountains.
- I love learning. Not only have I had the fortune to apprentice with an Executive Coach for 7 years, I continue to take courses and learn: from business to spirituality and personal development.
- These days my intrigue is with horses: specifically Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy–I intend to study this in more depth soon
- I believe meditation is a key ingredient to business and life success and fulfillment. That’s why I made this e-book: Learn to Meditate. It’s free—you can click here to download your copy.
If you’re still reading, I’m giving you a big High 5! Thanks for making it this far down the page.
Over at the Blog I have tons of resources for you, but here are links to some posts you may not want to miss out on!
The Truth Nobody’s Telling You About Entrepreneurship – This one’s on the Huffington Post.
How to Sleep Your Way to Insight – This one’s on the Huffington Post