10 Books That Might Change Your Life:
I never considered myself a reader. Sure, I’d read magazines, articles, blogs, and the rare book here and there–which can become rather common in our digital age of mass media channels.
But just over a year ago I found myself on a reading spree.
It all started with one book that caught my eye as I was heading out of a bookstore, and from there, with every book I’d read, four more would come to me. Either by the author themselves recommending a book, or in an Amazon search I’d see “Other titles recommended.”
I went from being a rare reader (Let’s say if I got 6 books in a year that would be good) to reading 3+ books a month, sometimes I’d finish a book in a day. Actually I did that over the weekend, which shocked myself. (I shock myself anytime I do that!)
With the holidays coming, books can be a great way to unwind, uncover and discover ourselves, and books make great gifts. So whether youre looking for a book for a friend or yourself or both, below I’m sharing 10 books that may change your life:
1. The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer. Although I didn’t always 1000% vibe with everything he said, 97% of the time I was taking down notes. When a book is extremely inspiring, awakens my mind and gives me inspiration that I haven’t heard before, I find myself taking notes as if I was back in school. This book even inspired this past article. If you ever felt like you’re tired of your mind calling the shots/tired of the “noisy roommate in your head” and if you ever felt like you created a life that now cages you – or that you simply feel stuck and don’t know how to move forward, this book will shift your entire perspective.
2. Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck. Asides for the fact that she has a great way with words, this book gives inspirational and practical insights about gaining clarity towards moving to your north star: doing the work you’re meant to do and living the life you’re meant to live.
3. The Law of Forgiveness by Connie Domino. Written by a Nurse who’s also deep into the law of attraction, she melds scientific principles with new-age principles and explains in a pretty down to earth way the direct link of forgiveness and manifesting abundance in your life. I’ve read many things about forgiveness but this book has a really down to earth perspective and it makes sense why letting go of past burderns frees up tremendous amounts of energy that can be re-directed to manifesting a more abundant and prosperous life. And this book also inspired this past article.
4. Healing The Child Within by Dr.Charles Whitfield. This book is written by a doctor who talks about the child within being the true self. He explains how the ego is formed, why our true self goes into hiding and what it takes to return to our essential nature. A short read with a lot of insightful inspiration for inner growth.
5. Breakthrough Dreaming: How to tap the power of your 24-hour mind by Gayle Delaney. I’ve always been fascinated by dreams. I’ve been on retreats and done dream work with experts in the field. But when I came across the work of Gayle Delaney – it was hands down the most powerful, sensible mind-blowing, yet simple technique to interpreting your dreams. It makes more sense than any other dream method, and it comes down to: YOU are the only person who can interpret your own dreams. And yes your dreams are powerful messengers from your subconscious mind. It’s like intuition coming through in a very powerful and raw state. Sometimes we don’t remember our dreams, or they seem so ludicrous that there’s no way to make sense of them. Well, Delaney has a simple yet profound method to help you recall your dreams, break down your dream into simple elements so that you can interview yourself about your dream, make sense of it, and receive actual advice about how to move your life forward. This work is incredible. This particular book is also available on audio, and other books from her such as Living Your Dreams are great too. And yes, this too inspired this past article.
6. Attached by Dr Amir Levine and Rachel Heller. This book is co-authored by a medical doctor and therapist. It’s an integrative fascinating research-based explanation about why some relationships work and some don’t. If you’ve ever wondered why you end up in a certain cycle – this book is a foundational piece of the puzzle. Whether you’re wondering if it’s time to leave a relationship you’re in because you keep falling into an unfulfilling cycle, or you question if there’s something wrong with you, or if you’re in one that you’re committed to but know that something needs to change–learning attachment theory will turn the light on. Plus, the gold you’ll discover in this book can have overarching benefits to many areas of your life.
7. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown.This book was all the hype for so long that I refused to read it. Until one day it was staring at me from one of those awesome free library’s as I walked down the street. I figured, OK – I’ll give this a shot. And within the first few pages I understood why this book was all the hype. It deserves every second of it. Now only is Brene Brown a great writer, she melds research with storytelling – a rare genius, and transmits an inspiring read that will motivate you to live and act with more courage. This book is worth it. And yes, her Famous Ted Talk – if you haven’t seen it yet, is worth every second too.
8. The Power of Surrender by Dr. Judith Orloff. I love when an M.D – with their medical background can write a book from the place of the power of intuition and sharing the importance of surrender in our life. This book will help you stress less and live more through the sacred act of surrender. She shares 12 specific ways to practice surrender in various areas of your life.
9. I should really write “anything by Daphne Rose Kingma” but I’ll choose one for you: When You Think You’re Not Enough. I’ll often hear from readers who write in asking me for advice on how to take action, or their scared that they don’t know enough, or aren’t “ready” enough. If you’ve ever felt you’re not “enough” to do something – read this book. And then read her other books.
10. Soulful Entrepreneurship: 7 spiritual principles to operating your business by Tova Payne. Ok, ok, shameless self-promotion? All kidding aside this book will change the way you see your creative work. And if you have a business or are thinking of starting a business it will change the way you think about your business and operate your business. When I get into deep writing mode I often feel like someone else is writing the words. Yes, I’m there physically writing, but it feels like I am a messenger and the words are coming from the ethers. This may sound crazy, but I know a lot of other writers who feel the same. And this is how I felt when I wrote this book. Many times I thought about dumping the book. I’ve written many things that would go into the Trash and never see the light of day. Every time I thought about hitting the Delete Button, I’d tell myself Ok, I’ll read it over and see if I get inspired. And every time I got inspired. I believe I got inspired because I was sharing information that felt divinely guided to share, and that’s why I decided to publish the book. This one is a no-brainer since you can still get it at the pay-what-you-choose offer, even if you choose free checkout. Click here for more about the book and to head to checkout.
All the other books are likely easily found on Amazon, at your favourite metaphysical bookstore, or large department bookstore chain such as Indigo or Barnes and Noble. Happy Reading to you, and if you’ve already read one of the books above and liked it – please share in the comments. Plus if you have a favourite life-changer book to share – add in the comments below: